Tech Lead - Full Stack
We usually respond within two weeks
LuxDeco, a luxury interiors e-commerce marketplace, is looking for an experienced Full-Stack Tech Lead. The Tech Lead will lead a team of 3 engineers and work alongside our Product Manager to develop and drive our roadmap. The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator, possess a solid technical background, and have prior experience working in the e-commerce industry.
- Lead and mentor a team of 3 direct reports, providing technical guidance as required and ensuring they meet performance goals.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to ensure alignment between the engineering and product roadmap.
- Ensure the performance, scalability, and reliability of the company’s e-commerce site and backend operating system.
- Build and maintain the company’s tech stack, which includes React, Next.js, Tailwind, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and AWS.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop, test, and deploy software that meets business requirements.
- Implement DevOps best practices to automate and streamline software development processes.
- Reduce technical debt, vulnerabilities, and bugs by enforcing best practices and code quality standards.
- Manage budgets for software development and infrastructure, including optimising costs and identifying areas for cost reduction.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in the e-commerce industry and make recommendations for future enhancements.
- Implement strategies to ensure high availability, disaster recovery, and security compliance.
CORE ROLE KPIs / METRICS
- Site speed
- Uptime/downtime rate
- Team velocity
- Experience managing an agile development team, including sprint planning, retrospectives, and continuous improvement.
- Strong technical background with proficiency in React, Next.js, Tailwind, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and AWS.
- Solid understanding of e-commerce industry trends and challenges.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes, is a plus.
- Experience with Shopify and the wider e-commerce ecosystem would be an advantage
WORKING AT LUXDECO
By joining us, you are becoming part of a team; a small team, but with big ambitions, and we want to empower you to do great things with us. Below are some of our benefits, alongside other important role details, to help you decide whether this role could be right for you.
- Your location: Hybrid: Remote & in-person (1-2 days per week) at our office in Liverpool Street
- Your hours: 40 hours, Monday - Friday
- Your holiday: We offer 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays, which increases to 30 days, plus bank holidays, in line with length of service.
- Your health and wellbeing:
- We offer all our employees access to Healthshield, a health cash plan, covering you for dental check-ups, physiotherapy, counselling and much more.
- We have a critical illness cover that helps protect you if you become critically ill.
- Your financial wellbeing:
- We pay 8% pension contributions on your qualifying earnings, giving you more security for your future
- We have a workplace nursery scheme providing savings of up to £5,684 per annum
- Your home: We offer up to 35% discount on luxury interior products from LuxDeco.com
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- First stage screening with Head of People
- Technical interview with Interim CTO
- Final stage interview with CEO
Tech Lead - Full Stack
Loading application form
Already working at LuxDeco?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.